We acknowledge and respect the Peramangk People, the traditional custodians of the Adelaide Hills and on whose ancestral lands our churches are built. We acknowledge the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal peoples to Country and their sincere spiritual beliefs. We are truly sorry for the injustices that have been committed against all Indigenous people and we seek to move forward in the Spirit of Reconciliation, living in this incredible country together as God's children.
The Parish of Mount Barker was formed in January 1885 with the Rev. John W. Owen as incumbent. The parish consisted of Christ Church, Mount Barker, St Mary's, Echunga and St Paul's, Hahndorf. St James, Blakiston, joined the Mt Barker Parish in 1956 at which time St Paul's, Hahndorf, left. St John the Baptist, Macclesfield, joined the parish sometime between 1911 and 1926. On 1st October 1974, the Parish was reconstituted to include St John the Evangelist, Mylor, and Christ Church, Longwood. Christ Church, Longwood, was destroyed by bushfire in 1980.
To live as faithful disciples of Jesus, serving our communities, proclaiming God's love in word and sacrament, being sustained by the power of the Holy Spirit.
To be a loving and non-judgemental Christian community where all are welcomed and able to share in God's grace.
The Five Marks of Mission
1 - Witness to Christ's saving, forgiving and reconciling love for all people
2 - Build welcoming, transforming communities of faith
3 - Stand in solidarity with the poor and needy
4 - Challenge violence, injustice and oppression, and work for peace and reconciliation
5 - Protect, care for and renew life on our planet
To find out more about the Marks of Mission please visit the ABM Website.